CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
June 15, 2022
Forster Harvard Development Corp. requires an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join its head office team in Regina, Saskatchewan. This position will assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of the operating entities within the Forster Group of Companies, which includes commercial and residential real estate projects and food service operations throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
The Chief Financial Officer will possess the ability to maintain positive, mutually beneficial working relationships with lenders, as well as internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the President, the Chief Financial Officer will be directly responsible for accounting, financing, forecasting, strategic planning, banking, and deal analysis.
- Oversee all financial processes and policies which include accounting and payroll systems, internal controls and systems procedures, and cash flow management.
- Negotiate, secure, and administer all bank financing for operating businesses and land acquisition and development.
- Prepare and analyze project valuations, proformas, and cash flow projections.
- Liaise and manage relationships with business partners, accounting firms, law firms, and financial institutions.
- Represent the Financial Division as a member of the company’s Leadership Team.
- Oversee accounting records and documentation, including review of bank reconciliations, intercompany accounts, payroll, accounts receivable and payable subledgers, weekly cheque runs, and GST filings.
- Oversee the generation and distribution of quarterly financial packages.
- Preparation of year-end working paper files and financial statements, and communications with external accountants.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess:
- Post-secondary degree and/or professional designation in Finance or Accounting is required.
- CPA designation is an asset.
- 5+ years of progressive financial responsibility in real estate development or related industry is ideal.
- Highly proficient with accounting and payroll software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Multitasker with experience working with multiple entities.
- Effective communication skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- Ability to adapt nimbly and operate as an effective, tactical, and strategic thinker.
- Professional, organized, results driven and thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Forster Harvard Development Corp. offers:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive opportunity.
- Group Health Plan, Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan and Company Pension Plan.
- Additional benefits including an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Performance driven and merit-based work environment.
- Comprehensive orientation, training, and support.
- Encouragement of learning through education and training opportunities.
Forster Harvard Development Corp. is committed to providing challenging and rewarding career opportunities.
If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence – click here to apply.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.