DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION PROJECT COORDINATOR
December 13, 2022
Forster Harvard Development Corp. requires an experienced Development & Construction Project Coordinator to join its head office in Regina, Saskatchewan. This position will work closely with one of Western Canada’s leading real estate development teams.
Forster Harvard Development Corp. is a full-service real estate development company specializing in the acquisition, development, and management of commercial, residential, industrial, and mixed-use projects in Western Canada. Forster Harvard Development Corp.’s portfolio of owned and managed properties is comprised of 1,100 acres of residential and retail projects, which at full build out will represent 3 million square feet of commercial space and over 3,000 residential lots. For more information, visit: ForsterHarvard.ca.
The Development & Construction Project Coordinator will be actively involved in the development and construction process of new and existing commercial and residential projects. Working closely with the project team, the Development & Construction Project Coordinator will administer a variety of support tasks and project coordination for multiple sites simultaneously under development.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Efficiently and effectively support the development and construction teams.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, trade partners, consultants, suppliers, industry contacts, municipal government officials and customers.
- Work collaboratively with the project team and multi-disciplined consultant teams to manage the design, scope, schedule, phasing, and budget while ensuring timely project delivery, resource efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Administer construction documentation including RFPs, PCNs, RFIs, COs, SIs, etc.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of scope of work and identify scope creep.
- Ensure accurate schedules are created with target dates and be proactive to hold all parties accountable including tracking key dates and deliverables for each tenant and each building.
- Confirm insurance and WCB coverage for all contract work and prepare annual reporting for multiple provinces.
- Participate in bi-weekly progress meetings with contractors.
- Prepare regular construction status reports for the project team.
- Maintain electronic records of all construction files, including drawings and post construction documentation.
- Prepare, submit, and manage municipal approval applications such as rezoning, subdivision, variance, and discretionary use.
- Research and prepare project information such as market data, density calculations, leasing and site areas, and approval processes.
- Assist with tenant coordination from lease execution to store opening including collecting preliminary, final, and post construction documentation and reviewing signage plans for adherence to Design Guidelines.
- 5+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Building Technology, Architecture, Project Management or Construction Management or equivalent required.
- PMP or PM related certification preferred.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting working drawings and performing simple takeoffs.
- Solid understanding of standard construction processes/methodology, sequencing, contracts, and specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat; knowledge of Procore is an asset.
- Nimbly manage multiple tasks, adapt to changes quickly, and organize your projects in a fast-paced team environment with accuracy and attention to detail while satisfying deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including conflict management.
- Ability to work independently using sound judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Forster Harvard Development Corp. offers:
- Competitive salary, incentive opportunity, Group Benefits Program, Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and Company Registered Pension Plan (RPP).
- Additional employee benefits including a Health Spending Account and Health and Wellness Program.
- Performance driven and merit-based work environment.
- Comprehensive orientation, training, and support.
Forster Harvard Development Corp. is committed to providing challenging and rewarding employment opportunities. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence to: Careers@ForsterHarvard.ca. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.