May 30, 2022
Forster Harvard Development Corp. is looking for a Development Coordinator. This position will provide exceptional service to stakeholders, consultants, clients, and customers, while working closely with one of Western Canada’s leading real estate development teams.
Forster Harvard Development Corp. is committed to developing superior quality and highly sustainable properties with the goal of owning the assets in perpetuity. From conceptualization to completion, all projects are managed with precise attention to detail while maximizing efficiencies and economic value. Forster Harvard Development Corp.’s portfolio of owned and managed properties is comprised of 1,100 acres of commercial and residential projects, which at full build out will represent 2.5 million square feet of retail space and over 3,000 home lots. Read more: ForsterHarvard.ca.
Reporting to the Vice President, Commercial Development, the Development Coordinator will be actively involved in the development phase by assisting with a variety of tasks in the areas of design, municipal approvals, and tenant liaison for multiple concurrent projects.
- Efficiently and effectively contribute to the development team.
- Research and prepare project information such as market data, density calculations, leasing and site areas, approval processes, etc.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary consultant teams to prepare and maintain consistent project documents, including concept plans, aerials, site plans, floorplans, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation, submission, and management of municipal approval applications such as rezoning, subdivision, variance, and discretionary use.
- Assist with tenant coordination from lease execution to store opening.
- Coordinate the collection and review of preliminary, final, and post construction documentation, and proposed signage plans for adherence to Design Guidelines.
- Track key dates and deliverables for each tenant and each building.
- Administer internal and external document management processes for the development division.
- Organize and maintain project filing system.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess:
- 2 – 5 years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Post-secondary degree and/or diploma in Planning, Architecture, Construction, Project Management, Business, or related field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat with strong aptitude for learning new technology.
- Self motivated and ability to anticipate next steps.
- Proven organizational skills to track and meet deadlines.
- Confident communicator in both written and verbal formats.
- Multitasker with strong time management, file management, and high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team environment.
Forster Harvard Development Corp. offers:
- Competitive salary, incentive opportunity, Group Benefits Plan, Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and Company Registered Pension Plan (RPP).
- Additional employee benefits including a Health Spending Account and Health and Wellness Program.
- Performance driven and merit-based work environment.
- Comprehensive orientation, training, and support.
Forster Harvard Development Corp. is committed to providing challenging and rewarding career opportunities.
If you feel you are the person we are looking for, please send your resume in confidence – click here to apply.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.